My Camping Wishlist
As the weather has improved lately I’ve been craving some time under canvas. I am desperate to head back out there, however we are in need of a lot of new equipment. Our bargain tent has served us well for a couple of years, but our incredibly windy week in Devon last year has left us with a couple of snapped poles and it really is about time we invested in a better quality one.
We also want to update our kitchen/cooking facilities to make life easier with a toddler in tow. On a similar note, more storage is always welcome!
Finally, our sleeping arrangements leave a little to be desired. I refuse to trust airbeds anymore after being let down too many times (pun intended). It is a truly miserable experience waking up with your bum on a cold tent floor at 3 o’clock in the morning with no way to rectify the situation. We used SIMs all of last year, but we’re really after a more comfortable experience. Could this be the year we try out campbeds?
So here is my camping wishlist for 2016
- After watching literally hours of Outwell videos featuring the lovely Outwell Guy (did you know he’s about 1.95m?), we’ve set our hearts on a ‘Montana 6’. We hope it’ll last for many years of (mostly) happy family camping.
- We really need a smarter kitchen set up, more surface to prepare food and room for a gas burner will make life so much easier
- As Finn gets bigger and outgrows his travel cot, we really need to get him a new bed. I’m hoping this will work for sleepovers as well.
- Maybe I’m getting older, maybe I’m actually just a glamper deep down, but we’ve tried so many sleeping options and we’re still not 100% happy. This could be the year of the campbed!
- Our Biolite is great fun, but going forward we need something more practical and family friendly. I’ve known professional rugby players eat less than our toddler so we’ll need to cook up some serious meals when we’re camping this year
- I hate a messy tent and with more stuff (thanks Finn!) we need to get organised, I’ve recently found these folding storage baskets and they’re just what we need.
Like all good campers I’m always checking out other people’s set ups, so let me see yours! I’d love to see photos of your favourite gear. What else do I need on my list?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and buy anything I earn a very very small commission. (It all helps though-I’ve got a lot of kit to buy this year!)